The Mountrail County Department of Roads & Bridges is now accepting applications for Full Time Road Supervisor.
This position offers excellent benefits, including county paid family health insurance, retirement, dental, vision, life, and other optional insurances
The Mountrail County Road Supervisor:
Specific Job Duties:
· Oversee day to day operations of road workers.
· Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
· Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources.
· Manage workflow by assigning tasks to employees daily, ensuring that deadlines are met and work is completed correctly.
· Generate memos, emails and reports when appropriate.
· Provide assistance to road workers on proper operation and technique of county equipment.
· Oversee preventative maintenance of county equipment.
· Schedule all service maintenance with vendors.
· Order parts and filters.
· Responsible for safety of the staff and operations.
· Manage daily schedule and track the progress
· Maintain timekeeping and approve work hours.
· Helping to resolve employee issues and disputes.
· Creating and managing team schedules and reporting to management.
· Receive and track employee and customer complaints, and resolve problems.
· Manage shop work, parts, and tools.
· Manage road projects being performed by road workers and foreman.
· Check county roads and take the necessary actions to address any deficiencies or problems.
· Check blade routes and adjust frequency of maintenance to offset traffic usage.
· Perform evaluations of road workers and identify areas for improvement including additional training.
· Attend meetings, trainings and/or conventions as directed and authorized by the supervisor.
· Keep supervisors informed of any challenging personnel, equipment, and road related issues where current or future problems may arise.
· The duties listed are not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties assigned any individual employee are at the discretion of the supervisor.
. 18 years of age or older.
· High school graduation and at least 5 years of experience in the construction and maintenance of roads and in the operation of heavy equipment.
· Must have strong management experience.
· Must have strong communication skills.
· A valid non-restricted North Dakota Class A Commercial’s Driver’s License (CDL), with no airbrake restriction, considered to be in good standing by the ND Department of Transportation.
· Must not have a criminal driver’s record on abstract for the past five (5) years.
· Must pass pre-employment drug and/or alcohol testing if offered position.
· Must have a working knowledge of road maintenance and techniques.
· Must be able to perform manual labor, lift more than 75 lbs., and work in all weather conditions.
· Must be able to stand and walk on varying surfaces for extended periods of time.
· Must be willing to learn construction skills on-site.
· Must be able speak, write, communicate and understand English.
· Must be able to complete work on time and on budget with minimal supervision.
· Must be able to read blue prints and construction documents.
· Must have experience in customer service and conflict resolution.
· Ability to relate and work effectively with county employees, department heads, and general public.
· Must have computer skills.
You must apply specifically for the position described above.
Application may be obtained by contacting the Mountrail County Human Resources Department at 701-628-8980, or email at email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until 4:00p.m. Friday August 6th, 2021
Position is considered open until filled.
Applications can be submitted to the Mountrail County Human Resources Department at the Mountrail County Courthouse:
101 N Main Ave
PO BOX 69
Stanley, ND 58784.
Mountrail County is an Equal Opportunity Employer