The Mountrail County Department of Roads & Bridges is now accepting applications for Full-time Road Supervisor, and Full-time and Seasonal Road Workers.
Full time positions offer excellent benefits, including county paid family health insurance, retirement, dental, vision, life, and other optional insurances
ROAD SUPERVISOR JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES:
Primary Purpose: The Road Supervisor is responsible to perform the duties of the County Road & Bridge Department, with a focus on the management and utilization of the road workers and equipment, to maintain the county road and bridge systems, as well as township roads under contract with the County. Road Supervisor is responsible for supervising staff, organizing and monitoring work flow. Perform all duties assigned by the Assistant County Engineer or County Engineer.
• Oversee day to day operations of road workers.
• Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
• Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources.
• Manage workflow by assigning tasks to employees daily, ensuring that deadlines are met and work is completed correctly.
• Generate memos, emails and reports when appropriate.
• Provide assistance to road workers on proper operation and technique of county equipment.
• Oversee preventative maintenance of county equipment.
• Schedule all service maintenance with vendors.
• Order parts and filters.
• Responsible for safety of the staff and operations.
• Manage daily schedule and track the progress
• Maintain timekeeping and approve work hours.
• Helping to resolve employee issues and disputes.
• Creating and managing team schedules and reporting to management.
• Receive and track employee and customer complaints, and resolve problems.
• Manage shop work, parts, and tools.
• Manage road projects being performed by road workers and foreman.
• Check county roads and take the necessary actions to address any deficiencies or problems.
• Check blade routes and adjust frequency of maintenance to offset traffic usage.
• Perform evaluations of road workers and identify areas for improvement including additional training.
• Attend meetings, trainings and/or conventions as directed and authorized by the supervisor.
• Keep supervisors informed of any challenging personnel, equipment, and road related issues where current or future problems may arise.
• The duties listed are not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties assigned any individual employee are at the discretion of the supervisor.
• 18 years of age or older.
• High school graduation and at least 5 years of experience in the construction and maintenance of roads and in the operation of heavy equipment.
• Must have strong management experience.
• Must have strong communication skills.
• A valid non-restricted North Dakota Class A Commercial’s Driver’s License (CDL), with no airbrake restriction, considered to be in good standing by the ND Department of Transportation.
• Must not have a criminal driver’s record on abstract for the past five (5) years.
• Must pass pre-employment drug and/or alcohol testing if offered position.
• Must have a working knowledge of road maintenance and techniques.
• Must be able to perform manual labor, lift more than 75 lbs., and work in all weather conditions.
• Must be able to stand and walk on varying surfaces for extended periods of time.
• Must be willing to learn construction skills on-site.
• Must be able speak, write, communicate and understand English.
• Must be able to complete work on time and on budget with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to read blue prints and construction documents.
• Must have experience in customer service and conflict resolution.
• Ability to relate and work effectively with county employees, department heads, and general public. • Must have computer skills.
Position salary range is $46,800-$56,286 a year depending on experience
Benefits include full family health insurance, retirement, dental, vision, life, and other optional insurances.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES:
Performs the duties of the Department with a focus on the maintenance of the county road and bridge systems, as well as township roads that are under contract with the Road & Bridge Department. Perform all work and duties to meet Mountrail County standards and policies.
· Perform all duties assigned by the Road Supervisor.
· If deemed necessary, help with the supervision of the daily activities of the County Road Crew to ensure project objectives are being met.
· Operate heavy equipment, including but not limited to, motor grader, backhoe/trackhoe, dozer and loader, dump truck and semi-truck.
· Perform daily inspections on assigned equipment to ensure it is in good working order
· Perform preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
· Clean up job site at end of day and ensure all equipment is properly secure.
· Maintain clean equipment, work, and shop areas.
· Service and make minor repairs on equipment.
· Work effectively and cooperatively with co-workers.
· Blade/maintain gravel roads.
· Apply dust control on gravel roads.
· Haul water, gravel and other materials.
· Perform pavement crack sealing and patching.
· Mow county road ditch right-of-ways.
· Clear county road ditches of debris.
· Monitor, fix and replace County traffic signs.
· Perform traffic control.
· Maintain and fill out haul sheets, equipment maintenance sheet and other documentation as deemed by the supervisor.
· Surveys roads for potential hazards and secures appropriate hazardous warning signs.
· Perform culvert work (maintenance, cleaning, installation and repairs).
· Perform work with hand tools, including digging trenches, cutting down trees and brush.
· Perform snow/ice removal.
· Perform subgrade repairs, road reshaping and graveling.
· Follow safety procedures and instructions to ensure safety of entire team
· Attend meetings, trainings and/or conventions as directed and authorized by the supervisor.
· The duties listed are not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties assigned any individual employee are at the discretion of the supervisor.
·18 years of age or older.
· A valid non-restricted North Dakota Class A Commercial’s Driver’s License (CDL), with no airbrake restriction, considered to be in good standing by the ND Department of Transportation or obtain the same within the 6 month probationary period.
· Must pass pre-employment drug and/or alcohol testing if offered position.
· High school graduation or its equivalent.
· Experience preferred in the construction and maintenance of roads.
· Experience preferred in operating heavy equipment.
· Must not have a criminal driver’s record on abstract for the past five (5) years.
· Must be able to perform manual labor, lift more than 100 lbs., and work in all weather conditions.
· Must be able to stand and walk on varying surfaces for extended periods of time.
· Must be willing to learn construction skills on-site.
· Must be able speak, write, communicate and understand English.
· Must be able to complete work on time.
· Ability to relate and work effectively with county employees, department heads, and general public.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
You must apply specifically for the positions described above.
Download an application here: http://www.co.mountrail.nd.us/pages/employment
- or -
Application may be obtained by contacting the Mountrail County Human Resources Department at 701-628-8980
- or -
Applications can be submitted to the Mountrail County Human Resources Department at the Mountrail County Courthouse:
101 N Main Ave
PO BOX 69
Stanley, ND 58784.
Mountrail County is an Equal Opportunity Employer