North Prairie Region Water District is currently seeking a Water Distribution Operator 1. This full-time position offers a competitive salary and full benefits.
The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time to successfully perform the assigned duties.
Under immediate supervision, a Water Distribution Operator I performs skilled maintenance, repair, and construction work on the potable water treatment and distribution system of the Water District, operates maintenance and construction tools and equipment; performs a variety of maintenance tasks relative to water distribution and treatment.
Required tasks may include but are not limited to the following:
1. Handle complaints and answer questions from the public. If further problems arise, direct customer to contact management.
2. Make minor adjustments on service equipment; maintain tools and equipment in working order.
3. Maintain logs of daily activities.
4. Operate and maintain wells, reservoirs, and treatment facilities; inspect residential and commercial service issues.
5. Monitor and adjust water production and treatment equipment.
6. Lay and fit pipelines; make water line taps; install water services, fire hydrants, valves, and other water devices.
7. Perform filed duties related to the water system; take water samples and inspect new construction.
8. Identify service and main leaks; operate pipe locators; install and inspect backflow devices.
9. Read and update water distribution maps.
10. Clean and monitor pump stations and related equipment
11. Perform emergency repairs to water lines as necessary; establish proper traffic control devices.
12. Repair, maintain and install water meters and related service lines; read meters; turn services off and on as necessary.
13. Perform related duties as required.
License or Certificate:
Call Teresa or Karla at 701-852-1886 to learn more.
How to apply:
Download our employment application below, and
apply in person at our offices located at :
3811 Burdick Expy East
Minot, ND 58701
NPRWD is an Equal Opportunity Employer